Thursday, June 26, 2008

Where Am I?

As you all know-- I'm a bit goofy when it comes to animals! I just love them all. When I took these photos today it seemed to me I could be in some exotic location in Florida or even Africa! Imagine my delight when Heather and Sam (my daughter and son-in-law) moved into their new house - just 3.5 miles up the road- and this is what I found in their back yard today! Yes, they're Sandhill Cranes and it's a Mom, Dad and two juveniles! I just love them and spent a great deal of time annoying them with the clicking of the camera. They even tolerated my coming close to them but eventually decided to move on.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Poor Heather has been going nuts trying to move, finish the sale of their old house and- by the way- a baby is coming soon! Did I mention that these are giant birds and stand 3 or 4 feet tall? Wow!

3 comments:

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Wow! Who knew those awesome creations would actually be hanging out it someone's back yard? lol

Tell Heather I've been thinking of her. Can't wait to hear news of the baby.

Kari

Unknown said...

COOL shots! I would have been right there next to you, annoying them with the click of my camera too! LOL

Hopefully, things will calm down for Heather BEFORE the baby arrives! She needs to relax a little, before her life really gets hectic again.

Elle Jay Bee said...

Wow!! Heather is moving?? WHile pregnant?? Poor Heather...I hope she is hanging in there!

How lovely that you two will be so near to each other!

Linda