Thursday, January 3, 2008

Dumber Than Dirt

I freely admit that I am technically challenged. I had one of those happy ideas that cause all kinds of grief when I couldn't load pictures into my photobucket. After the third or fourth failed attempt (no one said I was bright either!) I figured out I was at capacity and needed to open new albums- well, then I decided why not organize all my photos in the bucket? I just got busy and ignored that little warning sign that kept coming up about links, etc. and moved all the photos attached to the blog! Clever, no? After a panicked phone call to Heather, she was able to restore my banner and the rose by Greenie Gardens and make me understand my stupid mistake. But I now had no photos to go with the archives on my blog, not wanting to go back and try to figure out what went where, I erased most of the old blogs. So--- I have decided to just do posts of the subjects I wrote about- dogs, house, quilts, roses, garden, my California garden and house, maybe some cooking etc. Sorry if you have seen some of the pictures before! So that's my latest hairbrained idea.

This is always my wacky time of year. For example the major things that are going to go wrong with the house, car, etc. usually happen about now. This year is not much different. I had a lovely day yesterday working on my blog, taking photographs, cooking, my basic favorite activities -- and then it all started--- I went upstairs to start a load of laundry and the gray box that controls the washer with it's automatic shut-off valve wouldn't work --- for no known reason. It has been working perfectly for the last year and now-- won't let the water come to the washer---grrrrrrr. The room is only big enough for the door plus the washer and dryer stacked on top of eachother and -- yep the panel is behind the stupid thing. I am able to wedge
my not so slim body into the space on the side and feel what is in the box but not see it. Well, a call to the plumber--Happy New Year. Next, in frustration I go back to the computer, have a glass of wine and work on a posting. John comes up behind me and decides to point to something on the screen and-- you guessed it --- wine all over the computer. First I just wanted to panic, they I wanted to do serious damage to John and finally we mopped up what we could and pulled the battery out. After a lot of time with the hair dryer and the hose on the back of the vacuum blowing air-- it works but with a little damage to the screen--did I mention he hurled it everywhere? Oh and the garage door is barely opening-- you have to help the opener open it. They say bad things come in three's but I've found it's more multiples of three's. It's looking like 2008 is going to be an expensive year!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OOOOOOOOOO NO! What a total bummer that you deleted all of your pictures!

And your poor computer! I would have been cursing! LOL

I hope things get better for you REALLY soon!

Blog a Blurb said...

Hi:) Glad you got the pictures back up. I went down that same road, but didn't have near as many photos as you had up. Blogging in incredibly timeconsuming (for me) and doubly so with those kinds of mistakes. BUT, glad you are up and running again. I had tried to show off your quilts to our friends in Tahoe and was disappointed that they had disappeared. You're lucky on the computer!

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Yeah. My 2008 isn't starting so good either. Suppose we can get a "do over"? lol