Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Wacky Spring

I got up this morning and found a duck in the walnut tree

Photobucket
Photobucket



What I actually saw first was the female pop into the squirrel house in the tree! While I was trying to figure out how that would work (getting babies onto the ground) her mate arrived. Then, she didn't come back out-- I thought she might be stuck as it was a bit of a squeeze for her to fit into the opening. I was beginning to panic at the thought of having to climb way up into the tree to rescue her when she finally popped back out and flew off! Whew!
Photobucket

I found these lovely bleeding hearts blooming and
Photobucket some nice trilliums
a few nice violets
Photobucket and, of course, some nice lillacs.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

What funny ducks!!!! I would have had the same reaction as you did. :) I'm so glad you posted a photo of lilacs in bloom because I'm having "lilac withdrawal" right now. That's one of the reasons I love blogging so much!

Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

Unknown said...

O MY! I have never heard of a duck in a tree before! Much less a whole family! LOL I hope all goes well with the babies!

I want to plant lilacs so bad! I just wish they bloomed all Summer long! Not just in the Spring.